6 Cheese Lasagna
- 1 lb hamburger (optional) along with 1 26 oz bottle favorite spaghetti sauce
- 12 oz. cottage cheese
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 6-9 strips no boil lasagna noodles (add 1/2 cup water to spaghetti sauce if using these)
- 1 1/2 cup swiss cheese (I used about 5 slices real (not processed) swiss instead of the grated)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1-8oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Mix cottage cheese, egg, and parmesan cheese in a small bowl, set aside. Crumble hamburger in fry pan. Cook until no pink remains, then drain off fat and combine with spaghetti sauce.
- Place a thin layer of sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 or 8x11 casserole dish. Layer 1/3 of each noodles, cottage cheese mixture, swiss and cheddar cheese. Cut off small pieces of cream cheese and dot over other cheeses. Repeat pattern once or twice, depending on whether you use 6 or 9 noodles. (I use just six, because that makes it tall enough!) End with sauce.
- Cover with a double layer aluminum foil. Cook for about an hour, or until fork-tender. I added the mozzarella cheese after that hour and cooked about 5 more minutes until it was melted.
I loved the additional tastes of swiss and cream cheese in this lasagna. I also really enjoy using no-bake noodles! They save a lot of time. Anyway, use as much or as little of the cheeses- I think I cut the cream cheese in half, but I would have loved it even more with the other half!