Baked Sweet Potato Fries
(adapted from ourbestbites.com)
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t cumin
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1/2 t coriander (skipped-didn't have)
- 1 t kosher salt (we love sea salt sprinkled on after they're done instead!)
- 1 t parsley
- fresh ground pepper (about 10 turns of a pepper mill)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a cookie sheet lightly with cooking spray. Slice your sweet potatoes into french fry shape and size.
- Throw all the fries into a big ziploc bag or old bread bag along with all the seasonings and give a few good shakes. I don't measure; I just sprinkle to what I like. Arrange in pan with no fries overlapping.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then flip and cook for another 15 or so (depending on desired crispiness).
- Eat plain (really good just plain!), or use fun dip down below.
Honey-Lime Dip for Sweet Potato Fries
- 6 oz container plain, low-fat yogurt (I just used sour cream because it's what I had, but this would be good!)
- 1 T mayo
- 1/2 T honey
- 1/2 lime (not as good, but I used lime juice concentrate)
- 1/4 t cumin
- 1/8 t oregano
- 1 t parsley
- 1/2 t granulated onion
- 3/4 t kosher salt
MMmmm! This is my new favorite veggie. I hadn't eaten sweet potatoes before, except in mashed form. I tried some sweet potato fries from Costco and I liked them, but they were more processed than this yummy, simple recipe. Weird thing is, my sweet potatoes weren't orange? What's up with that? They were just white. But they were definitely sweet potatoes!