Brown Sugar Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon lime soda
- 2 to 3 tablespoons minced garlic (I used half a teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place chicken in crockpot.
- Combine remaining ingredients; pour over chicken.
- Cover; cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- To thicken sauce, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water and add to the crockpot.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
Anika and Isabelle: "Mom, chicken again?! That's all we ever have....(she liked it anyway)
Tasty! Tangy and a little sweet; but not as sweet as you'd expect! Very fun. We'll have this again.