Healthy Side #1:
Our freshly made salsa using lime&cilantro diced tomatoes, black beans, corn, onion, and a little brown sugar (it was too spicy). (kids don't eat this, but A eats corn)
Healthy Side #2:
We usually have a smoothie with vanilla yogurt, frozen strawberries and peaches or bananas.
A didn't like enchilada, which made I eat it right up (she likes to be A's opposite) and O doesn't usually eat anything but dessert. R didn't get seconds which is a bad sign, and I did. So this is an Erin meal.
Quick and Easy Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 2-4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- garlic salt to taste
- 4-6 tortillas, torn in half
- 1 (28 ounce) can green chile enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 c reduced fat sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Cook chicken. I usually cook it in the crockpot with salsa and then shred.
- Pour about 1/2 inch enchilada sauce in the bottom of a medium baking dish, and arrange 6 tortillas in a single layer. Top with 1/2 the chicken, 1/3 cheese, 1/2 the sour cream, and 1/3 of the remaining enchilada sauce. Repeat. Coat remaining tortillas thoroughly with remaining enchilada sauce, and arrange on top of the layers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and top with any remaining enchilada sauce
- Cover, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool slightly before serving.