- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- garlic powder to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef. Drain and crumble. Put crumbled beef in skillet. Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, bell pepper and pasta sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, green onions and cream cheese and set aside. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and add the cooked spaghetti. Spread the cream cheese mixture over it, add the meat mixture and sprinkle with Cheddar Cheese.
- Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 5 more minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
2 cans diced tomatoes, Italian style or regular, or crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 c. diced onion (I cook mine along with the ground beef)
1/2 pkg spaghetti seasoning
1/2 T sugar, or to taste
1 can tomato soup (I use sometimes to use up food storage and to give smooth consistency)
any other seasonings or veggies you want to throw in. I like to cook the ground beef and then throw it all in the crock pot for a few hours.
My kids love spaghetti. It is O's and I's favorite meal; maybe the only one O eats! We eat it with cottage cheese. May sound strange, but we all love it.